Things to do in ParisSeptember 27, 2017
Just one day in Paris can beat several days someplace else. There’s something enchanting about being able to have your coffee on a Parisian bench just steps away from the Eiffel Tower. Here’s my suggestions on what to see on a short trip to the City of Love.
1. Walk down the Champs-Élysées toward one of the most famous monuments in Paris, L’Arc de Triomf. You can climb the internal stairs to the top to get panoramic views of the city.
2. Get macarons at the famous Maison Ladurée on the Champes-Élysées or have tea in the tea room.
3. Walk along the Seine river and marvel at the Eiffel Tower, duh.
4. Take the stairs up the tower to see Paris from above or opt to dine in the 2nd floor restaurant, Le Jules Verne instead.
5. Have soup de l’onion in one of the many Parisian style cafes or opt for a cup of chocolat chaud.
6. Take a trip on the Metro to visit the Moulin Rouge and it’s surrounding area. If you have time, see a classic cabaret show to get the full experience.
7. See the Eiffel Tower lit up from the streets in the 7th arrondissement. Starting at 9pm the tower sparkles for exactly 5 minuets every hour on the hour up until midnight.
8. Visit the Notre-Dame cathedral in the 4th arrondissement. Tip: arrive early to beat the queues to go inside. If you can’t go inside, the cafés nearby serve delicious crêpes and coffee.
9. Leave your mark on the Locks of Love bridge.
10. Shop till you drop in the fashion capital of the world.
Just one day in Paris is better than no days in Paris, so make sure to take full advantage of all the tourist activities, especially if it’s your first time in the city. To see more about the lovely Hôtel Powers, head over to my post about it here. Au revoir mes amis! À bientôt!